Since beginning of 2014, FAO established a strong partnership with the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Science, Agricultural Information Institute and the Ariadne Foundation, Agro-Know to produce and enhance AGRIS, the International Information System for the Agricultural Science and Technology.
The first milestone was achieved with the transfer of the AGRIS data processing from Rome to Athens early in the year. Now the AGRIS steering group is having a meeting in Beijing. In September', the complete integration of the Chinese Agricultural Scientific Abstract Database into AGRIS will be released. Until now only a small percentage of the Chinese material was accessible through AGRIS.
We want to use this opportunity to inform the entire AGRIS community, users and contributors, what we are doing at the moment and what is in the pipeline.
Wednesday, September 17, 2014, 11 am, Rome Time (Use Time Converter to calculate the time difference between your location and Rome, Italy)
- Johannes Keizer, (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- Xuefu Zhang, (Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences (CAAS), Agricultural Information Institute
- Nikos Manouselis, (Agro-Know)
How to join
The session is open to anyone but places are limited. If you are interested to attend the webinar, send an e-mail to AIMS@fao.org, containing the following information:
- your name
- your affiliation
- your role
- your country
Once you have requested to attend the webinar, you will receive an e-mail confirming your place with an URL access. Make sure that:
- you have good internet connection
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome
- Adobe® Flash® Player 10.3. If in doubt, go to Checking system requirements of the web conferencing programme Adobe Connect.
This webinar is co-sponsored by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, CASS, and Agro-know