Partners in CIARD believe that open knowledge makes it easier to develop better solutions to agricultural problems. Furthermore, we contribute to reducing poverty and hunger, because agricultural development is such an important driver of economic growth. CIARD partners collaborate to develop common standards, share knowledge and promote open institutional approaches.
A set of practical tools and resources is freely available from CIARD to help advance the cause of open agricultural knowledge. These include:
- The CIARD RING: a global directory of open agricultural knowledge
- Checklist: to allow organizations to assess how ‘open’ their knowledge is
- Pathways: practical guides to help achieve key aspects of open knowledge
- Advocacy Toolkit: resources to enhance advocacy for open knowledge
- Case Studies: how institutions have made their knowledge open and benefited